For children, the area where they spend time is not an area with furniture or equipment. Children’s furniture is a concept for adults only. The area / room where the children’s furniture is located is a play, fun, socializing, communication area. It is an area where they have tremendous strong feelings, no matter their age. This is an area in which these children accumulate an extraordinary amount of information, have strong feelings and collect memories. This information, memories, feelings shape the personality of the children. It’s only their children area. And they want this area to be as open, cheerful, full of toys. When children are very young, the furniture is a toy for them. Children do not want for this area to be practical. It’s their comfort zone. It is an area where clearly children spend a lot of time and they turn very quickly into young people. That is why, when children are younger, in these areas of the house, colorful furniture with cheerful shapes is put to meet children’s wishes. Shortly, when children become young people, it is the house area where furniture and furniture functions are changing most quickly. As children grow up, their requirements and expectations adjust. It is then necessary for children’s furniture to be adapted by adults in a timely manner, precisely because the furniture should respond quickly to these changes and expectations. Buying furniture for the children’s room is a complex process and requires a lot of patience and research. People who purchase such furniture have multiple selection criteria, which are very varied. Next, we will look at some areas of this space that can then be considered as the main selection criteria for furniture:
- Playground – Various toys or islands can be mounted in the play area to be used by children as they please under close supervision of adults. Even a tent can be adapted to allow children to play as they please. It is recommended that in this play area there is a carpet or a that does not keep dust, dirt or bacteria.
- Sleeping area – it can be made of a bed with mattress. It is recommended that the bed is as comfortable as possible and its length adjusted to the height of the children. It is recommended at the same time that the bed is not high, precisely to avoid injuries.
- Storage area of clothes, things, toys – it can be made of cabinets with or without doors. The size and number of these cabinets can be chosen depending on the number of children or their age. It is recommended that the storage sections of these cabinets have different functions. For example, for sleeping clothes, it is recommended to have separate sections. And the clothes with which children spend their day in the park, kindergarten, school, extracurricular activities. It is recommended that these cabinets do not have glass windows to avoid the risk of injury, especially when the children are very small.
- The area of educational and daily activities – when children are growing up, it is recommended that the furniture includes an office that also has a cabinet for storing books, notebooks and bags.
- Furniture should be made of durable materials – because the children’s room furniture is designed to be used over a long period of time, it is recommended that the material is resistant.
- Design to be elegant – it is recommended that this furniture is modern, elegant and inspire positive energy and comfort.